Big Lake, Texas
Job Description: Responsible for the safe operation of a commercial vehicle and the reliable delivery of products to our clients.
Primary Duties Include:
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting goods.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Load and unload trucks, etc.
- Maintain logs of working hours, of vehicle service or repair status, follow applicable state and federal regulations.
Required Qualifications: Class A CDL driver’s license. Pass background check and DOT drug screening.
Position: Full Time – Non Exempt
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience.
Maintain a valid driver’s license
Pass drug testing, background check and MVR evaluation
Excellent benefits, health insurance and 401k
Submit in person or email to email@example.com
Acme Bridge Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant